Ever since I got struck with a massive heart attack just 4 months ago, I’m learning new skills. Not for my job or for parenting, but new skills on how to control my emotions and channel my energy.
I use several apps to get into a ZEN mode in my life. These include:
- Mood meter – tracking your mood to identify those moments you got annoyed or stressed out, and a guide on how to get to a better place with your emotions
- Headspace – a meditation app. Andy talks you through a daily moment of ZEN
- H*nest Meditation – another meditation app on advice from my friend Bob. This one makes me laugh often, although I just downloaded it
…One of my favorite things I learned from Kabbalah is the Proactive Formula, which is a five-step process…It’s about if you’re in conflict, you’re in a situation that is a challenge, what do you do? You follow the five steps if you’re going to be reactive…
I encourage you to listen to the whole episode of The Optimized Geek.
The five steps are (summarized):
- Pause. Don’t get sucked into a conflict
- Recognize the person you’re in conflict with is not the enemy but your own reactivity is the opponent
- Recognize this conflict or challenge is brought to you to grow
- Ask yourself for a proactive solution or action to take
- Take that action
What are your strategies to take control of your emotions and face the challenges? Do you have any apps I should try?